AMTS Automotive Multri Trailer System
The AMTS in its modern version is composed of 2 sets, an all-in-one tractor (ATT) + trailer (TT) , thus creating a train to transport :
4 containers 20 '
2 containers 40 'or 2 containers 45'
Since all the axles of the trailer train are steering, the passage of the last trailer is identical to the passage of the first trailer
The AMTS Gaussin has been designed for areas requiring very short turning radius.
Only 12 meters are needed to make a u-turn.
Combined with the Powerpack, the AMTS is the most efficient solution on the market for container transportation.
Also available in trailer only version (MTS)
Gaussin also offers the MTS system, which can be connected to a conventional terminal tractor.
This exclusive Gaussin system has earned us a place in the Guinness Book of Records for the longest vehicle in the world.
By combining 30 trailers, Gaussin was able to create a 459 meters long convoy.
The MTS acquired by Maher Terminals was the first of its kind in the United States.
The customers below are using the AMTS / MTS Gaussin solutions in their daily operations
- Eurokai - Hamburg (Germany)
- Freeport Terminal - Marsaxlokk (Malta)
- General de Manutention Portuaire - Le Havre (France)
- Maher Terminals, Inc. - New York (USA)
- SNCB - Dunkerque (France)
- Cagliari International Container Terminal - Cagliari (Italy)
- Inter Ferry Boats / SNCB - Antwerp (Belgium)
- Voltri Europa Terminal - Voltri (Italy)
- Hupac - Busto (Italy)